Monday, January 26, 2015

Last chance for Year >> Noted Paper Pack

Have you seen this beautiful paper pack?!? Have you gotten yours yet? If not, make sure to order this week since it is your last chance. It is only $5 with any $50 purchase and you get so much! The retail value is over $24 for the paper, stickers, and stamp set.
 
In the packet, you will receive:
 
For my project, I wanted to use as much of the paper I could without waste, so I took some inspiration from a "One Sheet Wonder" Project. (If you are not sure what that is, stay tuned!).
 
First, I cut the Light Pink (looks more "coral" to me) cardstock into many usable pieces and then did the same pattern with the Light Blue (light teal).
After cutting one of the patterned 12x12 B&T Duos paper into the pre-designed 4x6 rectangles, I found inspiration! I realized that if I cut 3/4" from one end, I ended up with a 4x5.25, which is a perfect size for the CTMH 4.25 x 5.5 cards. It also gave me a 4x0.75 ribbon to use as an additional design piece. :)
Once all the pieces were cut, the cards were so easy to make and I knew I wouldn't have much waste or left-over scraps. Honestly, I was surprised how quickly I was able to make 8 full cards with inside messages and matching envelopes. I highly recommend this method to anyone.



Mikayla's Keys:
~ If you have children around while you are working, you may want to get them their own paper to play with BEFORE you start. There were a few times when I looked around and realized a few of my pieces were missing. My Dear Daughter and Dear Son had "lovingly" used them to make cards for each other.
~ Extra details can be small but very meaningful. I like to take time to add a strip of paper to the envelope so the receipient gets to see the beautiful paper right from the start. Plus, you may also brighten a postal workers day by showing off the paper. :)
~ Using pre-cut cards is also a great time saver. I personally use the 50 pack of cards for $14.95 from CTMH. You might be able to make your own for a few pennies cheaper by cutting white cardstock, but you end up with a lot of wasted paper and still have to purchase the envelopes. For me, it is worth it to buy the precut packs.

Supplies used:
** If you purchase all 6 of these items, your total will be $51.70 (+ shipping and tax) and you will qualify for the $5 Year >> Noted Paperpack AND the $5 January Stamp of the Month!
5 1/2" X 4 1/4" White Cards & Envelopes, Value Pack
You Mean The Word To Me Stamp
Doodled Designs Stamp
Gold Polka-Dot Washi Tape
Pacifica Ink Stamp Pad
Sorbet Inks Stamp Pad
Year >> Noted Paper Kit (January Only)



No comments:

Post a Comment